This article refers to digital products only. If you're looking for information about e-books, please read a document about access to e-book files.
From now on, you can upload files to CopeCart when creating a digital product. This means that you no longer need to integrate separate data storage in order to deliver digital products to your customer.
Just go to the product edit page, select the Download product section, and upload a file in any supportable format:
Afterward, you should indicate how long the buyer is capable to download your product after the purchase is made. Also, you can limit the number of downloads (three downloads is the required minimum).
Specifics and restrictions:
- It is allowed to upload only one file per product.
If you need to upload a few files, compress them into a ZIP file and upload it.
- The maximum file size is 5 GB.
- Customers get access to the downloadable file after completing the order even if the payment status is pending.
- If the number of downloads exceeds the maximum limit set, no access to the file is possible:
- What file formats does CopeCart support?
You can upload a file in any of the following formats: EPUB, MOBI, PNG, AZW3, IBA, JPEG, PDF, FB2, DJVU, TXT, RFT, MP2, MP3, MP4, AAC, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, MQA, OGG, WMA, ZIP.
- I need to upload more than one file. What should I do?
Don't panic and create a ZIP file containing all the necessary files. This ZIP file counts as one file when uploaded.
How to create a ZIP file?
Windows: select all files you'd like to include in a compressed folder.
Right click --> Send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder.
After compressing is finished, rename the folder accordingly.
Mac: select all files you'd like to include in a compressed folder.
Right click/two-finger click/Cmd+click --> Compress items.
After compressing is finished, rename the folder, if necessary.
- Can I upload an e-book as a digital product?
If this e-book is a part of the online course, for example, you can. If it is an e-book standalone, you should create an e-book product to avoid erroneous taxation.
- How do my buyers get the digital product?
They receive an email from CopeCart containing a link to the downloadable file.