CopeCart presents a new feature, the ability to pay for an order with an invoice.
Feature Overview for Vendors
In addition to collaboration with the payment service providers like SEPA, PayPal, SOFORT, and a possibility to pay with a debit/credit card, CopeCart now enables customers to pay for their orders via invoices.
Since the invoice payments are processed directly by the bank system, CopeCart charges a Vendor with a 1% to 2.5% fee per invoice transaction (compared to 4.9% + 1€ per transaction for other payment methods). CopeCart fee is calculated according to the number of invoices set as per the previous month or their total amount:
- Up to 10 invoices (1€ - 100 000€ turnover) – 2.5% fee +1€ per transaction.
- 11 to 50 invoices (100 000€ - 150 000€ turnover) – 1.5% fee + 1€ per transaction.
- More than 50 invoices (more than 150 000€ turnover) – 1% fee + 1€ per transaction.
For all new Vendors during their first month CopeCart, the default fee is 4.9%.
To make invoice payments available for your buyers, enable this option in the Payment details section of the Edit Product page:
- It is impossible to change from invoice payment to another payment method. Also, other payment methods cannot be changed to the invoice.
- The subscription payment plan is incompatible with invoices.
Feature Overview for Buyers
To select an invoice as your payment method, choose Rechnung payment option on a checkout page:
After that, an automatically generated pro forma invoice that contains all the required bank details will be sent to your e-mail. After your order will be paid in a bank, you will receive a standard invoice from CopeCart that confirms the transaction.
What happens if I mistakenly transfer money to an incorrect bank account?
There are two options:
- The payment may not be processed due to invalid account data.
- You can request a chargeback from your bank if the payment was processed.
Can I pay with an invoice for the Upsell product?
Invoice payments are available for main products and addons with one-time payment plans.